The Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation’s 6th edition of its comprehensive financial education book, Cents and Sensibility: A Guide to Money Management, will be available at its conference on financial empowerment for people with disabilities on October 3, 2019 in Harrisburg.
Topics covered include:
- Money mapping (budgeting)
- An overview of where to keep your money
- How to save safely, including information about PA ABLE and a comparison with Special Needs Trusts
- Borrowing money and understanding credit
- Housing, a new chapter that includes information about insurance
- Funding your assistive technology
- Adult decision-making, including a new section on supported decision-making
- And a Financial Independence Checklist for transition-age youth
The conference, “Vision for the Future,” is a one-day, free, accessible event open to the public, at the Crowne Plaza Harrisburg-Hershey on Thursday, October 3, 2019. It brings together individuals with disabilities, family members, service providers, nonprofit organizations, and policy makers to discuss, collaborate, and learn about financial education.